Jan 6, 2014

Sneaky Flu

Well, the flu bug finally got us. It seems it has been getting everyone around us. It caught Reese at the end of our Christmas vacation, and then Spencer and maybe Levi. But we escaped that one. Tonight Ana was complaining of tummy pains again. She's had tummy pains over the last 3 weeks, and has had two urine cultures. All have come back normal. So when she complained tonight that her tummy hurt, I asked her once again if it was a throw-up hurt, or if it felt like the other tummy pains she's been having. She said it felt the same as the others. So I didn't think anything of it. We went to our next door neighbor's house to eat "Jesus bread" in celebration of the end of the Mexican Christmas holiday. There were four other couples there beside us, all with kids. Ana laid on the couch the whole time, and Benji was coughing up a storm. So we decided to leave early. Ana went straight to bed pretty much, but after crying for a little while I picked her up and started to carry her into the family room so Thad could give her a blessing. On the way she started gagging, and I asked her if she was going to throw up. Before she could answer, she started heaving and I ran her to the bathroom. She got a little on herself and the carpet in front of the bathroom, but most of it made it to the toilet.

Now the hard part- do I tell all of my friends whose kids we were just hanging around with- that Ana threw up? Or do I just let it go and pray that Ana doesn't tell her friends all about it later on so their moms can think I'm an awesome friend for bringing a child with the flu to a get-togther?

I'm kind of leaning toward the latter ...........................


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about the flu! We get sick this time of year too. Hope all is well :)