The kids are finally asleep. Benjamin was so exhausted he started
crying with his eyes closed. He was half asleep and didn't even know why
he was crying. Probably because it's 10 p.m. A little past their
bedtimes!
Ana decided tonight should be a movie night,
so we rented Monsteres University and set up our beds in the family
room. The kids were beyond excited; they could barely finish their
dinners. We popped two kinds of popcorn: white cheddar and butter. It
totally hit the spot. We had Janie in bed before we started the movie,
so we all sat back and enjoyed it in peace. Except for Benjamin's
endless questions throughout the movie. "What's dat montsder?" "Do you
know what kind of balloon I want por my burp-day? A geen one wip bew
typze!" (a green one with blue stripes)
Ana loved it. She laughed and giggled, and at one point said, "I love this movie!"
After
it ended we brushed the kids' teeth and knelt down in their sleeping
bags to say their prayers. Ana prayed, "Bless (thankful) that we have a
world, and that we're not poor .." We laughed at the end about her
comment, and when we were done laughing, she said, "But I really am glad
that we're not poor."
That girl must be really
concerned about being poor. Benji's prayer was pretty cute, too. He
said, "Panks por da ebening (evening), a-men!"
They are
sound asleep in their sleeping bags now, and Thad and I are going to
join them as soon as we get ready for bed and read scriptures. What a
fun night. I'm glad I could watch the kids bouncing on the couch and the
mattresses with excitment, listen to their giggles during the movie,
snuggle with Benji under my covers, and satisfy my salty popcorn
craving. We'll have to do this again soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment