Apr 7, 2013

Nastalgia

I have been feeling very nostalgic lately. I love my little baby, and find myself thinking of all of the things that I want to remember about this newborn.

-her grunts, screeches, and coos
-the stinky toots (the best is when Jane kicks her leg, or both legs, to get a good one out. Makes me laugh every time)
-her soft, perfect fingers and toes. I am obsessed with them. I may be biased, well I probably am, but I think she has the most slender, delicate fingers, and long, dainty toes
-The way puckers her mouth and turns her head to one side sometimes when she sleeps
-the transparency of her eyelids when she's away in her sweet dreams
-how she shakes her head and flails wildly with her mouth when she's really hungry and she knows that food is within reach
-cradling her softy head in the crook of my neck, and feeling her tiny body pulse with the rhythm of her tiny heart
-how holding her tiny body close to my heart, with her head on my shoulder, calms her cries when she's scared or just wants to be held
-being able to fill her little tummy every time she's hungry
-her bright, blue eyes and the way she smiles at me when I lay her down after nursing her
-her fuzzy, light brown hair, and the tuft of soft, silky hair sticking straight up in the back, like a bird (she's a carbon copy of Ana, even the hair)
-her burst of energy around 10 p.m. and how she spends an hour flailing her arms and pumping her legs in and out. If I did those legs exercises regularly for as long as she does, I would have some toned thighs and buttocks!
-I love rocking her to sleep, all bundled up in blankets, and watching her eyes slowly soften, then droop, and finally close
-when I pick her up under her arms, especially if she's asleep, she curls her legs up to her tummy and arches her back so her bum sticks out

My sister Lori took some adorable pics of Jane last time she was up here. I'll be posting some soon. Don't worry, she didn't take this one, I did. And I'm obviously not a professional photographer or I would have moved her legs into a less-awkward position! Haha
 





No comments: