Apr 2, 2013

Dance

Ana had her first dance recital a week after I had Jane. I was a little nervous how it was going to work, because Thad couldn't go and I didn't want to take a one-week-old to a germ-invested gymnasium with tons of rowdy kids and parents. In the end we figured it out and Ana did great!

I'm so proud of her! She was really nervous and didn't know what to expect, but once she put on her costume and make-up and saw all of her dance class friends, she relaxed and had a blast. She had a second recital a few weeks later, and their year-end performance is in about a month. They have three costumes, and three routines to memorize -- which is kind of a lot for a 4-year-old (not sure I would do it again with such a young child) -- but, I think all of the performing in front of a lot of people is great for her. She knows it's not so scary now.


I tried to upload the videos on here but for some reason it won't let me! Darn it! She was so cute ...





No comments: