Ana loves Jane. Sometimes a little too much, and I get tired of saying, "Soft, Ana," and "Honey, be careful! Take that off her head!" or "Stop tipping her car seat backward!"
But sometimes, she snuggles up next to her so softly and sweetly, and just giggles and smiles, and I see how much she loves her sister. She can't wait for Jane to be old enough to play. I keep telling her that it will go much faster than she thinks. Soon they'll be be playing dolls and dress-up.
She's come a long way since the first month, when Ana would tell me occasionally, "I wish we didn't have the baby." And then she would explain that now I slept all the time or that I was always feeding Jane. I think she felt a little left out. That made me feel badly, but I reassured her that that time would pass and that things would return to semi-normal soon. And I think they have, for the most part.
No comments:
Post a Comment