Apr 1, 2013

Conf. Again ...


Oh how I love this time of year! Tiny buds are protruding from the ends of our tree branches, the grass is slowly turning green, the air smells fresh and alive, and the sun shines more. And that means General Conference time is near. I love General Conference! And I love talking to the kids about it and helping them to get excited and to prepare.

We did our annual General Conf. FHE tonight. We had a picnic dinner in the back yard and talked about a talk from last year. The kids colored pictures of the prophet, and we each wrote down some things that we want to learn more about as we listen to conference. Questions, concerns, troubles, etc.

Ana wrote that she wants to draw better, and that she wants to get along with Benjamin. She drew a picture of him sharing a toy with her. When I asked Benji what he wanted to learn from Conf., he said, "Poop!" So, yeah. I like to think he learned something from the lesson, besides the fact that he can make anything funny by adding the words poop and toot to a sentence.

We are excited for conference!

No comments: