The last few weeks I've gotten really motivated to finish a few projects. Some are for the babe, and others I've just been wanting to get done for a while and recently just started or finished them. Number one baby project? A car seat cover! I've always wanted to make one, but never wanted to take the time to learn how. So now that I'm really in the home stretch, I motivated myself to do it. Thank goodness for Pinterest tutorials with pictures!
Ta-dah!
Another project that we completed back in December. Finally somewhere to stow our coats and shoes when we walk in the door! Thad did an awesome job cutting and assembling everything (with the help of my dad's tools). We both stained the coat rack, and I painted and finished the bench.
This is my six-month labor of love. Every time I sat down to make it, I'd hit a roadblock and put it away for another month. After I cut one of the pieces of fabric too short, I finally just gave up. And then a few weeks a later I had a friend come over and help me sew a couple inches of extra fabric to the short side, and show me how to do the cording. I love it! And you can hardly tell where I had to sew extra fabric on. I just keep that side facing the couch.
Oh, and BTW, I just have to mention ... I was looking through my latest Better Homes and Gardens magazine, and one of the make-over living rooms had a pillow on the couch with this same fabric! That made me feel pretty cool.
No comments:
Post a Comment