That's what Benjamin says when I ask him to say Benji. I'm trying to steer him clear of "Ben." For some reason I just hate that nick name. Sorry if you or someone you know has that name-- I just don't want a Ben! People in the ward already call him Ben sometimes, and I silently cringe every time. At least I can control his name at home. He is only known as Benji to us ... at least until he gets a say in it, which, it sounds like, he's already trying to do!
So Benji turned 2 today! Boy that 2 years went fast. But when do they not? He is still a little toe head, we love him. By the way, while meeting with my dr. today, his nurse googled where toe head comes from. It comes from flax. It's the short, white part of a piece of flax. There was more to it, but that's all I can remember. Just some food for thought.
Tonight we went around the table and said one or two things that we love about Benjamin. Here was our list:
1. His white hair
2. His big, blue eyes
3. When he shares (Ana)
4. He always says please and thank you. Such a polite little kid
5. How much he adores his sister Ana, and copies literally every action and word that she does and says
I also love how smart he is getting. He learns a lot from watching and listening. His vocabulary is is improving daily, and his personality is growing as well.
When you do something he doesn't like, he says, "H-e-e-e-e-e-y-y-y!" I love it
He is in love with his tool bench, helicopters, and cars from Christmas. I think they will last him all year. And if that wasn't enough, he got mega blocks and some other cool toys for his birthday. I think he's good on toys for a while.
I made pizza for B-dog's birthday dinner. Don't mind the massive mess behind him.
After each blow on the candles, B would grab his mouth and look at me, and say, "hot!"
Grandpa Monk had a Blue and Gold Banquet for Cub Scouts tonight, or he would have been here too. But Grandma represented
I think I was as excited about the doodle pad than Benji. Maybe more. I love those things!
No comments:
Post a Comment