-the kids and I got to eat breakfast with Daddy: good
-I read scrips, cleaned the kitchen and dressed the kids and myself: good
And THEN ....
I played with the kids on my bed, and got so sleepy that I ended up taking a nap. Meanwhile, Benjamin (with observational support from Ana), did this:
and this ...
and this
I asked Ana, after waking up and she totally tattled on Benji: did you watch him do this? Yes, was her reply. So I told her she was just as guilty as Benji. She did not want to hear that.
While I'm at it, I might as well show you the other "drawings" that Benjamin has left on our walls in the kitchen and family room. Is there really a wall left that he hasn't drawn on???!!!! And to make my mood even better, I spent a half hour with a magic eraser scrubbing, only to find that yes it takes the crayon/pencil/pen marks off, but it also takes off some of the paint finish as well.
So being the patient, awesome mom that I am, I scrubbed the walls without much more than a heavy sigh and a "don't do this again," and we went on with our day.
Ana and I played kitties while B was sleeping, and after his half hour nap (not quite the duration I was hoping for) we played princesses. We gathered acorns and made an acorn pie. Here are the kids eating their shares of the pie on the windowsill. Ana took a picture of me on her bed, but I looked like a Large Marge, so that picture has been conveniently deleted.
Meanwhile, the rest of her bedroom looked like this:
Finally, at about 3:00, I really just wanted to get started on some projects that I haven't had time to complete. Here's where my mood worsened.
I broke the glass trying to fit it back into these DI frames that I painted for these cute sillouette projects. Errgg, that was annoying.
So strike one.
Then I attempted to cut my fabric for a pillowcase for the family room, but I realized that I had the wrong tutorial, and I also realized that I didn't have nearly the amount of cording that I need to line the pillow. I have no idea what I was thinking when I directed the lady to cut it to that length! Haha. That actually made me laugh. And then feel a little defeated.
So Strike two
My breaking point came about 4 p.m., when I was looking online for the right tutorial to finish my pillow. As I sat in my bedroom at the computer, I heard a loud boom, and simultaneous crash. I jumped out of my chair, and sprinted out of the bedroom and down the hallway, forgetting about my pregnant belly and feeling the pain almost immediately. And then I found both kids standing timidly next to the overturned three-drawer organizer, scattered books, my nice ceramic candleholder (which miraculously didn't break), and this:
I am a little ashamed to say that I didn't even check to see if the kids were OK before grabbing their arms and taking each to a different time out spot, with both crying.
It was then that I started my count down until 5 p.m., when Thad would be home to rescue me. I was officially done. Little did I know that he'd have to end up working late, and wouldn't be home until after 7!
So long day. But all is well now. Kids are in bed sleeping, and Thad and I are now watching a Halloween movie with mint chocolate chip ice cream. And tomorrow is Saturday. I love Saturdays!

1 comment:
Linds! You poor thing. You definitely have your hands full. The fact that you only got upset once, (esp since you're pregnant!!!) proves what a great mom you are. :)
Those kids are lucky to have you. I would have put at least one up for sale by now. haha I'm totally kidding. :D
Oh! And for future "wall art", I read on Pinterest that WD40 wipes the crayon marks right off without taking off the paint.
Post a Comment