Aug 17, 2012
Some Things I Love
Tonight I've just been thinking about my kids and the funny things that they do.
Last week Ana and I were talking about babies in our tummies, while driving back to Lori's house from Ikea. Ana said she thought that she was pregnant. I told her I didn't think so, that she had to grow up and get married first. And she replied,
"Well, I'm getting really sweaty, so I think I'm pregnant."
Another time, Thad and I were sitting down with the kids eating dinner. We were using the last of a glass jar of "Green Taco Sauce," and we had it balancing upside down so the remains would drip to the bottom. We'd gotten most of it out, and the dang bottle kept falling over throughout our dinner because it is so bottom heavy (well, top heavy, since the bottle was upside down). Toward the end of dinner, I tipped the bottle over again, and before I reached out to put it back, Ana reached out, grabbed the bottle, sat it rightside up so it was more stable, and said,
"Why don't we just put it like this?"
She said it in a sort of "duh, why didn't you guys think of this a long time ago?" way.
Thad and I just looked at her, realizing how much more sense that made, and then laughed so hard that it took our 3-year-old to bring a little common sense to the table.
A few other things that I want to remember about my kids right now:
-when Thad or I get Benji out of his crib in the morning, he HAS to come out holding all of his blankets, no matter how many are in there. And usually there are about 4. If I grab one blanket, he reaches back in and yells, "Bee-bee!" Until I have grabbed all of his blankets. Only then can we leave his bedroom in peace.
-Ana must go to sleep with a "pet" every night. A pet is just a toy that she wants to sleep with. Something to help her not be scared, something that she can cuddle with; like a stuffed animal, a doll, etc. I don't know why she calls it a pet but I think it's funny. If I don't give her one when she hops into bed, she'll say, "Wait! I need a pet!" Even when we sleep at a cousin's house, or at Grandma and Grandpa's, she has to pick out a pet to sleep with, from one of their toys.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment