I always try to steer her away from the topic of death while playing, but she always brings it up again. And I hope this isn't too inappropriate to say, but sometimes her fascination with it is a little funny.
For example, yesterday before church we had this conversation, which is one of many similar conversations we've had lately:
Ana: Mommy, do you want to play with me?
Me: Sure! What do you want to play? We can spray witches again (on Saturday we pretended there were witches all around us and the only way to get rid of them was to spray them with laundry stain remover)
Ana: Or, we could kill people?
Me: No, we're not going to kill people
Ana: Oh, I know a super fun, happy game we could play? Let's play house!
Me: Ok. Who do you want to be?
Ana: I'll be the mommy
Me: Ok. I"ll be the kid.
Ana: And let's pretend that the daddy and the brother are dead!
Me: No, Ana, let's pretend that everyone is alive, OK?
What is it with her??
No comments:
Post a Comment