Aug 29, 2012

Neighborhood Block Party



We had our neighborhood block party back in June and it was a huge success. My neighbors the Starks created the flyers this year and we had tons of people come!  (well, tons for our neighborhood, which is still fairly small)

Our bishopric urged the members of our ward last year to get to know our neighbors, and suggested neighborhood BBQs as a great way to do this. So Thad and I started an "annual" get-together last year, and I'm excited to say, I think it's catching on! I can't wait to see the turnout next year!

I've heard that studies have shown that one of the things that makes people happy (in general) is knowing their neighbors. I completely agree. It was fun to see my neighbors that I already know, and to get to know new ones. It brought a feeling of unity and camaraderie to our neighborhood.

No comments: