Well I finally went there! And found out what's inside the unassuming roadside entrance. Lori and my sister-in-law, Cami, were visiting with their kids so we all (including my mom) went to check it out. It's actually pretty cool. More for little kids, though. We drove through the park and saw tons of bears, and the kids loved the little kid rides. Ana was scared of all of them except the train, probably because it moved at the slowest pace. The baby bear cubs were my favorite, though. They were in a little pen, and we got to watch them get bottle-fed, and play with each other. They were adorable.
Oh and by the way, the black corners in all the pictures are the lens cover on my camera. It apparently got bent so it doesn't recede when I turn the camera on. I'm gonna blame the kids for that one. They are always finding it and taking pictures. Darn kids! We can't keep anything nice for more than a month! Seriously!
We also tried out a new park -- Civitan Park, down by the river, next to the temple. I used to think it was ghetto, but they added a new two-story playground and it's really cool for older kids. There's a really tall slide (like 1 1/2 stories high!) that I went down with Brenton. I think I was more scared than he was whizzing down!
We took Cam to the zoo. They've finally let most of the animals out for the summer. Not out of their cages, just out of their inside, winter quarters. Except the alligator. Apparently it's still too cold for the alligator. That was a bit of a bummer. We'll have to go back in a couple weeks.
Sand dunes. One hour drive there. 20 minutes of play, then one hour drive home. Not sure if the drive was worth it, but at least the kids had fun playing in the sand!
No comments:
Post a Comment