So yesterday we played in her room, while Benji hung out on her bed, drinking his milk. We played piggies, and took turns being the mommy piggy and the captain. (???) By command of Ana, the mommie piggy fell asleep next to her baby piggy in her "pen," and the captain came and stole the baby piggy and locked him in the closet. Then the mommy piggy woke up and cried (oinked a lot).
Umm, why does she want to act out such sad things?? Maybe because she recently watched Babe? Or Dumbo? I'm not sure. But after about 5 times of switching roles and locking the baby piggy away, I finally suggested that we play a new game:)
Ana sleeping in her "pen"
This is what Benji did most of the time.
Ana wanted me to take a pic of Benji while he was drinking juice one day. Does that shirt look familiar yet? It should, because she wears it almost EVERY DAY, usually with those leggings.
Dave and Megan spent Memorial Day weekend with us and I did not get a single picture of them! What was I thinking? We had fun, even though the weather was pretty crappy all weekend. It was chilly and rainy. But we still: watched "We Bought a Zoo," played lots of games, shot guns at the Buttes (except me and Ana. We stayed home while Benji took his nap), had a big Sunday dinner with Uncle David and Aunt Colleen, and Grandma and Grandpa, and hiked Cress Creek Trail near Heise. Monday was actually pretty nice weather, if not a little chilly.
On the way home from our hike, Ana "had a newborn baby." She goes, "Mom, look! I had a newborn baby!" It came out of her tummy right there in the car, can you believe it? She kept saying, "She's so cute! I can't even stop looking at her!" The two of them shared some pretty tender moments in the back seat.
Meanwhile, Benji slept. Good boy.
1 comment:
I cannot believe how BIG your kids are getting, especially Benji. Crazy! I love the imagination of a child... sometimes you think to yourself: Where on earth are you getting this stuff from!?
Post a Comment