Mar 7, 2012
Idaho's First Ever Caucus
This was Idaho's first ever caucus, and the biggest political event that has happened in Idaho's history. I'm glad I could be a part of such an exciting, democratic event. This is what makes our country so great. And I'm proud that Idaho had a fairly good voter turnout, and that our fellow Bonneville County members showed up by the thousands to support their candidates.
However, I do have to say that the process wasn't the best-organized event ever, and I know part of that is because we've never done anything like this before. But I'm hoping that the Republican party officials learned a lot about what to change before the next caucus. Like try to find enough volunteers to spread the voting to different buildings, so the whole county isn't cramming into one teeny tiny auditorium foyer to try to register. And (just one more), if you say that voting starts at 7:15 p.m., start voting at 7:15. Not 8:15 p.m. That makes for very restless, cranky people. Also, please, maybe a few less speeches next time.
That's all. All in all, it was an exciting night, and I am glad that I got to take part in it!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment