Analyn is getting to be so self-reliant these days. Sometimes, a little too self-reliant. Like when she insists on wearing black legging with white socks, shoes on the wrong feet, and the same skirts and dresses every day for a week. Or wearing her headband across her forehead like a star wars character. But she's so dang cute that I can't help but love her. And sometimes, instead of getting frustrated with her outfit choices, I just laugh and take a picture, then hope I can coax her into something more pleasing to the eye, before we leave the house to run errands!
Today independent Ana declared that she wanted to make her own sandwich for lunch, which is a first. She wanted a jam sandwich. No peanut butter. And she made it, all by herself. And ate the whole thing. I was very impressed, and she absolutely swelled with pride.
And Benjamin. For some reason, I have tons of pictures of him eating. Maybe because he looks so dang cute with food smothered all over his rosy cheeks, and smooshed into his fuzzy white hair.
And one thing you need to know about Benjamin: he always prefers a whole. Meaning, if you cut his food into small pieces, he will look at you like, "Mom, really??" And he'll go straight for the un-cut source. He's always been like this, and it cracks me up. It doesn't matter what I cut up, if I lay a whole chunk of apple next to the small pieces that I've cut up, he'll reach for the huge chunk. The same goes for corndogs ...
Sleeping in my parents' kitchen. Yes, Steve and Cami, this is your high chair. It has come in very handy, so thank you for leaving it:) I'll pay you for any stains and wear-and-tear when you come back to reclaim it!
1 comment:
I love that chair!! My mom has one at my house so we won't need it till at least the end of the summer. Your kids are getting so big and adorable!! I cant wait to see you guys soon. BTW- don't worry about stains- little Spence will do his own damage.
Post a Comment