Jan 11, 2012
"The Holy Ghost Wasn't In Primary"
I hate it when something funny or memorable happens during the day, and I think, "I need to blog about that today because I don't want to forget about it." And a month later, hundreds of those "something funnys" have happened, and I feel like I can't post about them now, because the funnyness or specialness has worn off.
But I want to remember this special day at the beginning of January.
Picture a little bubbly blond with thin, whispy curls, wearing a new black flapper dress with a pink cardi over top, sitting up straight and tall in her little chair, with her legs crossed and her hands folded in her lap, who's just a little bit nervous in the room full of strangers, but who puts on a brave front because she's also super excited to be with all of the big kids. And that's how Ana looked on her first day of primary two weeks ago!
She seems so old and mature to me, and yet as I led her into the Primary room, I thought, she's just a baby! How is she already in Primary? I bet that's a common feeling among mothers? I took a picture of her through the little window in the Primary door -- she looks so cute!
Before church that week, we talked a lot about Primary, including how to act, and what to expect. I also reminded her about the Holy Ghost and how she can feel Him during Primary, especially during music time.
When I picked Ana up from her classroom after church, she was so excited. She clutched a treat -- carefully wrapped in a paper towell -- tightly in her hand, and she came bouncing out of her room when she saw me. This is what she said:
Ana: (beaming) Mom, I had fun! I raised my hand!
Me: Good, Ana! I'm so glad you had fun!
Ana: Mom, the Holy Ghost wasn't in Primary. He didn't come when we sang.
Me: He wasn't? Well did you sing songs today?
Ana: Yes.
Me: Did you feel happy while you were singing?
Ana: Yes.
Me: Well, that's the Holy Ghost. He's not a person; he's a spirit. you can feel Him in your heart. (I touched her heart to show her).
Ana: (laughing) Mom, people aren't in your tummy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment