Jan 7, 2012

Happy New Year

We passed the time until midnight on New Year's Eve, by watching an old Pink Panther movie (the Peter Sellers ones; way better than the Beyonce one) with my parents, and we actually ended up missing the ball drop by one minute! In my defense, the clocks on the microwave AND oven were both a minute slow! We stayed up all that time to miss the ball drop. Pretty funny, eh?

Anyway, the following Monday we had a Family Home Evening lesson about the Title of Liberty, and made family goals. I thought it was a good way to start the new year, since this year Thad and I want to make reading and understanding the Book of Mormon our main family goal. I got the idea from my friend, who got the idea from this month's Ensign. We read about Captain Moroni and the title of liberty, and we made our own title of liberty. On it we listed the things that are most important to our family; the things that we stand for. Then we talked about one or two those things that we want to work on as a family this year; one of which was reading the Book of Mormon. Afterward we had Ana parade around on Thad's back, waving the title of liberty, like Captain Moroni did. I'd say it was one of the best FHEs that we've had.




2 comments:

meg baker said...

what a wise friend...bahahahaha. You're title of liberty looks amazingly accurate! I love it when a FHE comes together and is memorable. I still remember a handful from when I was a kid and I think they made a difference. Way to go!

Natalie said...

Love the idea. Super cute. I also LOVE that she rode around on Thad showing off her title of liberty! :)