Nov 2, 2011

Halloween

I wish Halloween could last all month, because I LOVE IT! At the beginning of the month, the season starts to change, and the air gets cooler, dryer, and starts to smell like leaves and fire. I love when the leaves turn colors and litter the ground. I love the spooky Halloween decorations on doorsteps and in the stores, buying and carving pumpkins, visiting pumpkin patches, buying candy, etc. And I also love Halloween because it's kind of the kickoff for the next two months of holidays. It means that Thanksgiving and Christmas aren't too far off, and the fun of family and travel and warm socks, coats and sweaters is here.

This year Halloween was more like a weekend than a night. It started Friday with Lori's ward's Trunk or Treat in Utah. We spent the week in Utah (pics to come) and finished it off with with their ward Halloween party. Lori and Jon dressed up like Sonny and Cher, but I think Jon looked more like Uncle Rico from Napoleon Dynamite! P.S. I think Lori was at least 6'5 that night with her 4'' heals and huge afro wig.



Ana and Brenton walked in the kids' parade. Lori made him an adorable pirate costume



Saturday I drove home and we took the kids to a pumpkin patch to ride the train, go through the corn maze, and buy pumpkins





Saturday evening we went to Boo at the Zoo again. It was fun!


By Monday, Analyn was a little confused that it was still Halloween. But she loved dressing up and going to doorsteps for candy. She was pretty cute at the door steps, too. She'd knock once on the door, really quietly, and then timidly say, "trick or treat!" It was pretty windy and cold Monday night so we didn't go to a ton of houses. And we didn't see many kids out, either. Next year we're totally going to drive further and hit up some older, more established nieghborhoods with lots of houses close together, and lots of trick or treaters walking around. Because that's the Halloween experience that I remember and love.


1 comment:

Jessica said...

A-dorable little people, you've got there!