Jul 25, 2011

Thaddeaus, My Roman Warrior



I never did a "birthday post" for Thad because we spent his birthday camping. But I've been thinking about Thaddeaus and why I love him. Oh, and I used to call him my Roman Warrior because doesn't Thaddeaus just sound like a roman warrior's name?

1. His sense of humor. It's one of the first things that attracted me to him. One one of our first dates he drove me around town in his silver, '83 Volkswagon Rabbit convertible, with the wind seeping through the cracks in the roof, and he told me that he had a lot of cracks. Right then and there I decided that I enjoyed hanging out with him and that any guy who is proud of his '83 convertible and jokes about having lots of cracks is my kind of guy.

2. His sense of adventure. Thad makes our life so fun. He gets restless if we go too long without going on some kind of outing, picnic, or trip. Or just going outside. Sometimes on Fridays he surprises us by coming home early and I get so excited to slip into my flip flops, throw the kids in the car, and head to the park, or wherever we go.

3. He is romantic. Very few people know this about Thad. I loved dating him because he kept things exciting. He doesn't always pamper me with material things; but he remembers the sentimental ones. Like buying my favorite cookies for my birthday. And he's a fine poet too. What else could I ask for?

4. He is a gentleman through and through. He still opens all my doors, always lets me order my food first, and holds my hand (when it's not holding children). He compliments my looks even when I don't look the greatest, he always thanks me for dinner, and he recognizes my hard work at home (even when the house is a mess).

5. He watches endless chick flicks with me. And even likes some of them (some). But he doesn't complain about the others (well, most of the time).

6. He's a hard worker. And he' clean. He can't stand living in a messy house, and he can literally clean circles around me. And on Saturday he can't relax and have fun until the house is sparkling clean. I love that about him.

6. We have the same goals for ourselves and our family. I feel so much joy when I think how lucky our kids are to be in a home where their parents love them (and each other) and where they have a righteous father who holds the priesthood and leads by example. And who plays with them and spends time on the floor with them reading books.

7. His family comes before everything.

Love you Thad.

1 comment:

JLMartin said...

Were Joseph/moose and Paul pushing the car on that date? ;)