Do anyone else's babies gouge their heads up when they don't want to go to sleep? It looks like a scene from a gory movie, doesn't it? (it doesn't look so bad once you wash the blood off, really) We finally started putting socks on Benji's hands to prevent him from doing this. Then he stopped doing it, so we took left the socks off. But he got shots last week and was INCREDIBLY cranky for three days, and on one day after he'd cried in his crib for a while, I went in to get him out and he'd done this to himself. He had blood and skin caked in his fingernails, too. Poor little guy. Guess we'll be getting those socks out again.
On the flip side, Ana is prety much done with naps, and although I was worried about losing that time to myself, I have to say: I LOVE that she can be in bed, asleep, by 7:30. Then Thad and I have the whole evening to ourselves! We've gotten SOOO much done in the evenings this week! And we can go to bed earlier, and talk before Thad drifts off into la la land.
Unfortunately, since she doesn't take naps, we have a lot more of this at dinnertime. But we think it's pretty funny to watch. So we don't mind the extra entertainment.
4 comments:
I LOVE the sleepy head video. So super cute! I can't believe your baby tears his sweet little head apart. SO SAD! I am glad the socks seem to work! Poor little thing!
That is crazy! I can't believe he does that to his head! Looks like he has been in some major accident. Kids!
That is the funniest video ever! I would recommend quiet time for 1-hr. I make Bridger go in his room after lunch for quiet time. He sometimes takes a nap but mostly just plays so you still have time for yourself.
Poor little Benjamin I can't believe that. I was expecting you to say that he fell and hit his head. Boys so are so funny. We need to get together again soon for another play date. Maybe water park next week??
OH my goodness!!! That was a gruesome picture of baby Benji. How do kids come up with some of this stuff? You definitely have your work cut out for you! lol.
Hopefully, it's just a phase. A very, very short phase. :D
Post a Comment