Jun 27, 2011

I Found My Camera!

Teton Dam Half Marathon. Thad got his personal best time of 1 hr ?? (I'll post when I ask Thad: I forget!) Congrats Thaddeaus!

I wish I had an excuse for this horrible shot, like the runners came from the opposite direction that they were supposed to, or something like that. But I have none. I know, I'm really embarrassed. Who takes such a horrible shot? How hard is it to capture one good picture of a runner crossing the finish line? Especially after attending a dozen such races in the last few years, where each time I had practice taking Thad's picture crossing the finish line? All of these questions ran through my head AS I was taking the picture, and again after I looked at it on my camera screen. I should be fired.







I just have to point out that I did an awesome parallel parking job. Parallel parking is NOT a skill that I possess, but did I nail this one on my first try? Yes I did. And just so you know, the distance between the two cars on either side of me looked much smaller from inside my car.



---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I hate shopping for myself, and even more, I hate how expensive clothes are now. And I don't like sharing the clothing budget with two kids and Thad, because it's pretty much impossible. Does that sound selfish? But I will admit that I felt pretty smug after leaving Gap with 6 shirts and a belt, all for $65. That's on average about $10 an item, people! I may have gone over the clothing budget a bit, but come on, doesn't an awesome sale entitle you to do that sometimes?

No comments: