So Thad ran a half marathon last Saturday. Yeah those aren't even big deals around here anymore. Thirteen point one miles? Pshhh. That's nothin'.
But the event organizers get a big D- in our diaries because 1) The course wasn't mapped out very well and one volunteer got confused and directed all of the runners in the wrong direction, causing them to run TWO EXTRA MILES! When you've trained for months for 13.1 miles, you pace yourself for that distance and you know about when you've reached it. So to run two more miles on top of that is completely exhausting! A lot of the runners were going for medals and ended up walking at the end because they were so tired. It totally messed of their times. And most of them didn't find out about the extra mileage until they had crossed the finish line. And they weren't happy. No they weren't.
and 2) Towards the two hour mark, another volunteer started misdirecting runners on the last stretch, and they came through the finish line from the wrong direction so no one saw them coming, or even cheered. And Thad was one of those lucky ones. So not only did I not get to cheer for him, but I didn't get his picture crossing the finish line! And if you've read my previous posts, you know I already stress about that! Hey, I guess it made my job easier. Now I can say it wasn't my fault!
Ana and Dru (Thad's youngest sister) waiting for Thad.
Ana rocking out to the music
Just finished and not happy
BIGGEST LOSER ALERT
The morning wasn't a total waste, though, because Kaylee and Moses were there, running the 5/10 K race and I got to meet and talk with them. Genuinely nice, down to earth people.
3 comments:
Thats too bad about the clueless volunteers! I can only imagine how frustrating that was!
Good jog Thad!
Yeah Thad!
Two of my friends from Ashton ran in this race also and were telling me about the EXTRA 2 MILES! Gee WIZ!
Is Thad going to run in the Mesa Falls Marathon again? If he is you guys are welcome to stay at our house again if you want to.
Wow. I'm always so impressed at people who can run for miles. I can't run to the end of the yard anymore! Go Thad!
Post a Comment