May 19, 2011

Sprinklers



Thad loves to be outside and work with his hands. So he's loving finally having a home because he gets to work outside in a yard and build and install things. Right now he's trying to learn how to install our sprinkler system. He has spent the last few nights reading books, walking around and around the house looking at different things, drawing diagrams, and shoveling dirt. He's totally in his element.

So last night when he if I minded if he spent an hour mapping out our yard for the sprinkler system, I couldn't help but smile.

"No, why would I mind?" I asked him.

"Because I want to spend time with you guys, too," he said. And he meant it. Which is why I smiled. Because 1) He is the best at spending time with his family. We're always his first priority, period. And 2) Why would I ever say no to something that makes him so happy, and brings us one step closer to having an actual yard with green grass?

This isn't Thad's drawing but the who made this one based his off of Thad's. I was very impressed.

No comments: