Today I stared off my morning by locking Benjamin in the car (with my purse and cell). Not a good way to start off your day. Luckily my neighbor was home (she normally works). She let me borrow her cell to call AAA, and she also let Ana sit on her couch and watch Mickey Mouse while I waited at the car. I stayed calm at first because I thought Benjamin was sleeping. I couldn't tell for sure because I velcroed his car seat cover shut, and all I could see of his tiny face was a sliver of eye and nose. So I pressed my ear against the window, and that's when I heard him screaming, getting more worked up by the second.
Holy Cow! That brought the tears. All I could do was stare through the window. I just wanted to reach in there and comfort him, and I couldn't. Worst feeling in the world. So I stood next to my car helplessly, wet hair completely matted to my face by the falling snow. I don't know exactly how long he cried (maybe 10 min?) but luckily he eventually fell asleep. Twenty-five minutes and two sobbing phone calls to Thad and AAA later, the guy finally arrived and opened my car in less than 2 minutes. I never want to live through that again!
3 comments:
Oh you poor thing! I'm so sorry. Thank goodness you didn't have to wait longer than you did.
I locked Laiklie in the car as a baby with cell phone also. I remeber how awful. You poor girl. Mine was at Kings in Rigby though so I had to leave her in the car to run in and use their phone to call the cops. They came and it took two of them 25 min. to break into my car. She was at that age that strangers scared her and when she saw these two giant men she screamed the entire time. She had snot all across her face....it was horrible. I feel for you!!!! Next time call the cops...they are there quick and it is free if a child is inside!:(
you poor baby! i am so sorry that you had to go thru that. i am sure that is every moms worst night mare as we are loading kids in the car!!!
but on a happier note, congratulations on your new baby boy!!!! :) he is just darling and i love his name!
Post a Comment