Mar 10, 2011

Big Day



When Thad and I were trying to think of names for our baby, we had a really hard time finding the right one. And then we came across Benjamin. It's a good, strong name. And King Benjamin from the Book of Mormon was a righteous leader for his people; one of the greatest kings in the Book of Mormon. The more I read about King Benjamin, the more I felt like his name would be perfect for our son. What better example to model his life after?

Thad gave our King Benjamin a very sweet blessing last Sunday. Thad's sister Emily came up from Utah with her family for the weekend, with his younger sister Dru. We had so much fun with them and I didn't take any pictures! Darn it! I hate when I do that. I'm so glad they came. We don't get many visitors here in I-dee-ho. Can't imagine why.







Since we're pretty low-key people, we weren't planning on doing lunch or anything after the blessing. But my sweet Aunt Nancy insisted on doing a luncheon and she took care of the whole thing. She's so thoughtful!





I just had to add this cute video. Ana had a fever for a couple days last week. She got really bored and insisted that I pull her chair up really close to Benji so she could "read" him a book that was really the "Ice Age" DVD.

1 comment:

JonandLo said...

He looks so cute. Sorry we missed it!:( Ana cracks me up...she's got quite the imagination. Brenton cried after we got off the phone today...he wants to "pway wif ana!!"