Feb 28, 2011

Sweet Prayers

Analyn said the prayer for breakfast all by herself a few days ago. I started to say it and then she kind of took over so I stopped and let her finish. This is what she prayed for:

"Heavenly Father. Thankful for the food. Thankful for bodies. Bless our bodies. Thankful for Daddy's job. Thankful for Ana. Bless Ana go to bed. Thankful for Jesus. Jesus Christ, Amen."

Amen Ana. That was a beautiful prayer. It gave me insight on what is important to her. Out of all the things we pray for on a daily basis, that's what has stuck with her. I'm so thankful that I'm part of a church that teaches children about who they are and where they come from, at such a young age. She already knows that she has a Father in Heaven and she can pray to Him, and that He loves her.

I try to remember sweet moments like these while Ana's clawing Benjamin in the face and drawing blood, or smacking him on the head while he's sleeping, or jabbing him in the eyes.

3 comments:

Natalie said...

Very well said. I totally agree about belonging to a church that teaches them so little. I have a 7 yr old little girl who has been staying with us that has NO IDEA any of the things that my kids do and it literally breaks my heart!! Whenever she is here on FHE night I try to cover just he basics so she can learn even just a touch of what my 4 yr old already knows! Don't you wish you could give this gift of the gospel to EVERYONE!!

Megs said...

Was that the prayer she said when Dave and I were there? Such a cute little prayer :)

Genessa said...

That is so sweet! She is such a sweet little girl, it is hard for me to imagine her beating up on her brother!