Feb 25, 2011

Step Away from the Mirror!

I guess I should start a tradition of posting about my clothing woes after I have a baby because here I go again. Yesterday I decided to be gutsy and try to clothing shop with both of the kids. The kids actually did fine; it was the trying on clothes that was depressing. I hate being in the awkward in-between stage where I don't have a huge belly anymore, but instead I have useless flab around my waist, hips that haven't shrunk yet and a bigger-than-normal ... ahem, upper half.

So I have nothing to wear. Hahaha- the story of my life. Anyway I tried on a few things yesterday at Down East and I just looked huge and frumpy in everything, so I came home empty-handed. I swear those mirrors add twenty pounds. Like when I tried on skinny jeans a couple weeks ago. I bought some cute boots at the mall, and thought I might as well try on a pair of skinny jeans while I'm here to see how my boots look with them. I walked out into the hallway of the dressing room and stepped up to the big full-length mirror. Everything was going fine, and the from the front I looked half-way decent. But then I turned around.

Whoa! Alarm bells sounding in my head. Step away from the mirror! Step away from the mirror!

It was like on 30 Rock when Liz Lemon stepped in front of the HD camera and everybody gasped because her face looked so hideous in hi-def. Some things just aren't meant to be viewed up close. So I will be toning up a few things before I try that again!

No comments: