Heaven is having my mother here for two weeks to take care of me and Analyn and Benjamin. Heaven is being pampered royally with a hot breakfast in bed every morning after I sleep in until 10 a.m.while my mother watches both of the children. Heaven is having my mom make all the meals, clean all the dishes, and let me sleep as much as I want. Heaven is listening to Analyn chatter and giggle as plays London Bridges Falling Down, makes animals out of play dough, and plays Hide and Seek with Grandma. Heaven is having a mother as wonderful as mine who spends two weeks away from her hubby not to take a vacation, but to sacrifice sleep and leisure time to help her daughter ease into life with her second child. (Love you Mom!!)
Reality (since my mother left) is I get no more than two hours of sleep at a time at night, then get awoken by finger jabs in my face at 7:45 a.m. when Analyn wakes up and crawls into my bed ready to play. Reality is that Analyn rarely takes naps anymore, and that means that I don't get to take naps much either ... which means I'm a bit short-tempered some days and more prone to lose it over small things:) Reality is that most days I am still in my bathrobe and "unmentionables" until well after lunch time, and am too tired to clean the house until I get my second wind some time after Thad comes home from work. Reality is we find nursing pads in the oddest of places all over the house. And spit up.
But all unpleasant things aside, I love being a mommy and I know the sleep deprived, hard to get dressed before 11 a.m. first few months will some day pass. I'm not one of those wonder women that picks up where she left off and seems unaffected by the lack of sleep or the fact that she now has double the children, but I feel like I've done a pretty good job adjusting to this new life. And I've only broken down and cried once, which is saying a lot!
1 comment:
Seriously! Only once? I am SO jealous! I'm glad your momma was here to help! Your kiddos are adorable! And your mom too!
Post a Comment