I started officially potty training Analyn three weeks ago. I figured I'm already home with Benjamin and don't have any errands to run or church obligations for the next few weeks, and Analyn has been ready for a while, so why not do it now?
We checked out lots of potty books from the library, bought special princess and Dora underwear, picked out potty treats and star stickers, and printed off a few potty charts. The first few days she peed her pants quite a bit, but she's doing pretty good now. She's even gotten out of bed a few times at night to tell us she has to use the potty, even though she wears a diaper to bed. Pooing in the potty has been a little harder, but she's done it a lot more this week so I'm hopeful she'll be in nothing but underwear some time soon.
Analyn cracks me up though. She remembers the funniest lines and then repeats them very matter-of-factly at the perfect times. Like in her potty book when the teddy bear has an accident on the bathroom floor and there's a gross picture of what I hope to heaven is fake pee, it says, "Uh-oh I had an accident. That's OK teddy." So when Analyn has an accident, she says, "That's OK. We'll clean it up," like it's no big deal at all. So funny.
No comments:
Post a Comment