Nov 10, 2010

Big Day





I hate winter. The only thing it's good for is getting me into the Christmas spirit a few weeks before Christmas. Other than that, it's a horrible, miserable thing! And even worse when combined with the cold and wind of Idaho. But I need to get used to it because Analyn really like playing in it. We ventured out into the snow today for the first time and built a tiny snowman and made "baby balls" as Ana calls them. She likes everything to be "baby-sized" right now. She won't eat a mouthful of food unless it's a "baby" bite. So I made her tiny little snowballs that she could hold in her hand.




Fun snow experience aside, Ana peed in her potty for the first time today!!! Totally caught me off guard. I don't know if she even knew what she did. She loves to sit on her potty and say she's going potty but I knew she didn't really get it yet. She doesn't have the bladder control. Or so I thought.

Today we were getting all layered up to go outside and she said she wanted to go potty. I asked her if she had to go pee pee and she said yes. So I humored her by taking off her pants and diaper, and sticking her on her potty. She politely asked me to leave the room and close the door (seriously? At 2 she really cares about privacy?) So I did. When I came back in she was walking around the bathroom half naked like nothing happened, but when I looked in her potty there was the tiniest puddle of pee. I got really excited and that made her excited. So we washed her hands and I gave her a potty treat. I've been telling her for weeks now that when she goes pee pee in the potty she can get a potty treat. So she finally got one. She was so proud of herself. Now do I start potty training her for real, or just take it easy?

No comments: