Nov 10, 2010

My Sister Met Obama



Kath's husband works for the secret service so she gets cool experiences like these sometimes. He patted her kids' heads and shook their hands. Love how she includes the following disclaimer at the bottom of her post: "...and for the record- i am a conservative republican." Haha. I too am a conservative Republican and do not agree at all with Obama's policies. As I commented on her post, I've thought really hard about what I'd do if I met the President. Would I shake his hand and smile? Would I step back and refrain from shaking his hand in a polite but firm guesture? Would I spit on his shoe? Just kidding. But really, I don't know what I'd do. I disagree with everything that he stands for and I loathe him for the direction that he is taking our country. But would I still give him the respect that the office of the President of the United States deserves? What would you do??

Either way, I've decided it's still cool to meet the President of the United States.

1 comment:

Genessa said...

I am going to have to agree with you. That would be awesome to be able to meet the President.

Looks like you guys had fun for Halloween.