Oct 28, 2010

I Can Breathe Again!

Phew, I made it through my first Young Women in Excellence. I can finally relax again! At least for the next 2 months until New Beginnings. Because let me tell you: I am not a party- /event-planner by nature. This stuff STRESSES ME OUT! Ask Thad. I don't plan vacations, find hotels, or plan outings because I get too overwhelmed. I make him do it. All I can say is thank goodness for awesome counselors. They were the creative minds behind our awards night.

Here's our cute decorations. We did an "Academy Awards" theme, only ours was called, "Excellence Awards Night." We announced each girl's name as she walked down the red carpet, took their picture in front of our photo backdrop, and then we awarded each one with an award based on what she has accomplished in Personal Progress. Our categories were the 8 values: Faith, Divine Nature, etc. It was a lot of fun and the girls enjoyed it. Some of them tried to skirt getting their pictures taken but you can't get away from Genessa's camera!





We had a Hollywood-themed cake and the cutest little plastic goblets. We also made our own version of the Hollywood Walk of Stars. Only ours was called, the "Walk of Excellence." The girls signed their signatures next to their handprints.





This has been such a good calling for me because it forces me to get out of my comfort zone do things that I've never done before. I love my calling. I'm very happy with the way our YWIE turned out. But let's still be very honest: I'm so glad it's over!

3 comments:

Erika said...

Wow! That looks like it was a lot of fun! I'm sure your girls had a blast.

Jenny said...

I love the decor! Great idea!

Morgan Gifford said...

That did look like fun! I wish you could still be in our YW's presidency. We all miss ya!