May 24, 2010

Cousins and Throw Up



We spent the weekend in Utah with Thad's sister Emily and her family, and his other sister Janell, who was visiting with her family. It was fun to see them and catch up. I love watching Analyn with her cousins, now that she's a little older and can interact with them more. She LOVES her cousins; especially Aubrey, her second mother. Every time I couldn't find Analyn, she was usually being carried around by, or sitting in Aubrey's lap, playing and laughing. And beaming with delight at all the attention. She loved being with her cousins so much that every night it was complete drama trying to put her to bed. Saturday she went so crazy that she crawled out of her pack and play for the first time, opened her door, and started walking down the stairs. I just stared at her in shock for a few seconds before laughing. I let her stay up for 5 more minutes before putting her back in bed. The second time she escaped her netted confines, she must have been too tired to open the door, because she sat on the floor in the bedroom, with her fingers under the door, screaming until she fell asleep. I felt a little sad for her. But I knew she was exhausted and needed to go to sleep.

On Saturday we prayed for clear skies because it was my nephew, Max's, birthday party. It rained about 30 minutes before the party and then the skies cleared so the party could go on as planned. Yay for good weather!



After the party, we ate dinner at In N Out in Draper, or wherever it is. I've heard it's just as good as Cali, and after eating there, I totally give it my thumb of approval. Only it was stinkin PACKED inside! I've never seen an In N Out that packed. We had to hover around a table like vultures ready to attack it the second it's occupants were done eating. The funny thing is, that In N Out is way bigger than the ones I've been to in Cali, but I've never had such problem getting a seat in the smaller ones. Why is that?

Analyn walking on the "Moon" at the Planetarium. Her awesome pants are curtesy of her cousin, Cade, because her jeans got all muddy and wet from playing in the grass!



Yesterday it finally warmed up so we had a BBQ outside. This was about two hours before Analyn threw up the two bites of hot dog that she ate. The poor girl didn't seem to have an appetite all day, and I found out why when those two bites I made her eat at lunch came up right after her nap. All over Emily's wood floor.



I spent the 3-hour drive back to IF trying to wish away the nauseaus feeling I had creeping up in my stomach, but I finally threw up last night and I feel much better today! By the way, I HATE throwing up. It's the worst. I'm just glad I only did it once. It gave me flashbacks of Thanksgiving break my freshman year, when I got sick out of both ends, and had to do one in the toilet and then turn around a second later and do the other ... all night ... not very fun ... especially when you're a guest at someone else's house.

OK, sorry for the grossness. I guess I feel somewhat entitled to it when I'm sitting in my bathrobe, unshowered, at 2 in the afternoon. Hey, don't judge. I'm taking care of two sick people today.

6 comments:

Erika said...

LOL! Your post made me laugh! I think once you're a mom, you are definitely entitled to talk about it because you're surrounded by grossness 24/7!!

Glad you were able to visit with Thad's family! Hope you both feel better soon!

ps. I'm guessing you didn't throw up very much when you were pregnant??? Lucky duck.

Erika said...

I know you don't check your fb that often so I figured I was better off giving you my email address here.

thai_sister@hotmail.com

JonandLo said...

Ana got out of her packn play? sheesh where has the time gone? That's pretty funny. I can't wait to get her and Brenton together in Ohio. Oh what fun!

Pemberley Court said...

You crack me up! Poor Analyn!!!! I used to always feel sooooo bad as a mom when I would make my kids eat something and then a little while later they would just send back up! That part gets easier when they can tell you they don't feel well.

Have fun with the mod podge. I only used it on the back side of the paper not the front (u r supposed to do both sides) it just made it too bubbly for me then i had to start over. If you have better luck....the share your tips with me :)

Feel better soon!!!

Heather Williams said...

Lindsey! Long time no see! This is Heather Williams here. I decided to deactivate my facebook account but didn't want to delete contact from you, so I found your blog! Thanks heavens for blogs right! Analyn is beautiful! And you look great as well! Crazy that we had that foods class over 3 years ago. How have things been, you guys look really happy. It's good to get a peak into your lives.

Take care.

Emily said...

It was a fun weekend! I'm glad she likes Aubrey as much as Aubrey likes her. Sorry about getting sick!