Sorry, no picture. I forgot my camera today while we were exploring I.F. It's a pity because it was so beautiful out today (once the clouds and rain cleared up)!! On the rare occasion that the Sun comes out, we try to take FULL advantage. We hit up a couple farmers markets this morning and bought cinnamon bears and delicious white rye bread. Then we walked around Snake River and ventured across some of the old bridges. I leaned over the edge of one of them and the water seemed so far down! And I realized that I've become somewhat afraid of heights!! Only when I feel like I could fall I guess. So I couldn't get near the edge. Not sure when that happened!
Then we thought we'd give the Idaho Art Museum a try. Good thing Saturdays are free because I'm not sure it was worth $4 -- I only say that because in Palmdale we were 45 minutes from the Getty -- a world renown museum of art and sculpture -- and admission there was free, minus $5 to park. So was this a Getty? No, but still a fun thing to do on a Saturday morning. We toured the entire thing in maybe 10 minutes, but the children's room was really fun. Lots of crafts and fun games.
After the art museum we ate a picnic lunch at a park and let Analyn play. So it was a pretty good morning. I could get used to more days like this -- minus the wind.
2 comments:
I love summer in Idaho! If only winter could cooperate.
I am glad you ventured out! I have lived here for 11 years and have never gone to the museum....I am glad you tried it out for me! I should take my kids though. I bet they would like it! It was so fun to see you and Thad and get to know you better at the Memorial Day picnic. We should all get together sometime. We have baby lambs...you should bring Analyn out to see them. Let me know if you ever want to get the kids together to play!
Post a Comment