Part 2: Blessings
Thank goodness for the Gospel. Without it, life would be unbearable in my opinion. Thad and I have prayed harder in the last few months than we have in a long time. And we went to the temple a lot. But we’ve been blessed a lot as well. Because Thad had a month heads up to look for a job before his last day of work, we had a lot of time to start networking and sending out his resume. We had some good leads within days of his layoff notice, and he actually ended up getting a couple offers in the following weeks. One was in beautiful, sunny California, and the other was in Idaho Falls. Hmm, our first thought? DEFINITELY CALIFORNIA! But the more we thought and prayed about it, the more we felt like we needed to go to Idaho Falls. We accepted the offer the week following his last day of work, and here we are. We are moving tomorrow!
We spent last week in Idaho Falls, searching for an apartment. This week has been mayhem. But thankfully Thad’s parents came to help us pack. I know I have been somewhat anxious for a change lately, but as I type this, I have to admit that I have mixed feelings; I have grown somewhat attached to Palmdale.
I will miss:-the surrounding foothills. They are the prettiest and most green in April and September
-the members of my ward
-my Young Women (I’m the 2nd counselor)
-having Michaels, TJ Maxx, Ross, Tuesday Morning, Walmart, Target, etc. all 5 minutes down the street!
-having all of the above stores on ONE street, all right there together. Makes running errands easy!
-free concerts in the park during the summer, and tons of free festivals throughout the year
-having a L-O-N-G summer, a late fall, and only two real months of mild winter. Also, a predictable forecast: sunny and hot almost every day!!
-being able to wear open-toed shoes almost all year round.
-all the cool places in LA, and the local fun spots like Devils Punchbowl, Charlie Brown Farms, and the Poppy Reserve
-The LA Temple
-In N Out
-being close to Thad’s family
But ... I am Excited for:
-being surround by safe, family-oriented neighborhoods
-having good schools to enroll my children in
-paying less than half of what I pay here for an apartment!!!
-being able to buy a house in the near future
-having a yard, a basement, and a garage
-paying half the amount of taxes that we pay here
-doing all the fun outdoor stuff there is to do in Idaho
6 comments:
I'm so sorry...but I'm SO glad you already found a job. I really feel for you...we leave for South Carolina in 1 week! I don't want to go!
I am so excited that you are now employed and going to Idaho. Hopefully your move is going well. I miss all those same things about Palmdale too. I would add being able to wear capri pants for most of the year. I am going through Palmdale withdrawl now. I miss all my friends and the playgroup. I thought I had friends here but none as wonderful as you and the other girls. Good luck to you!
I hope your new move will be a new opportunity to start fresh. It was so nice to have met you all. Good luck and keep us posted!
We are way excited that you are moving to IDAHO!! We'll have to get together soon!
I bet you never thought you'd move back to good 'ole Idaho, huh? That is exciting that things are working out for you!
Your coming our way! Just as we're leaving!! I'm sick about it!! We're packing right now to head to Arizona! We would LOVE to get together for dinner or something!! I need to meet Analyn!
Post a Comment