Jul 15, 2009
Old people get root canals, not 24-year-olds
When my dentist told me I may need a root canal a few months ago, my first reaction was anger. At myself. What?! That’s outrageous! Me? Root canal? But I’ve always taken impeccable care of my teeth! My mother always scheduled my appointments every 6 months, I brush thrice a day (that’s quicker than saying three times, you know) and I floss every night!
But when I got married my mommy wasn’t there to make my appointments anymore and while I was a student, dental appointments were the last thing on my mind. Then we moved to Palmdale and I knew it was high time I make a date with a dentist, but the thought of having to call and make the appointment was kind of scary so I put it off.
That was two years ago. So finally, a few months ago, I made an appointment. As it turned out, my teeth were in great shape, except underneath the all cracks that had formed in all of my sealants due to three years of missed checkups. I won't mention how many cavities I had. And I did need a root canal after all.
I swear the first question I will ask all of my children the day they get off of mine and Thad's insurance will be, “have you scheduled your dental appointment yet?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ewww...Sorry Linds! I have had root canals! Good luck!
Oh yuck! I HATE dental work!
Darn it. I think i will go call my dentist. It's been awhile.
Post a Comment