Analyn eats, or attempts to eat, absolutely everything, as babies tend to do. Just the other day I found her chewing off bits of paint from her crib. And my brother Steve probably saved her life last week when he noticed she was crawling around the family room with a whole cherry in her mouth, seed and all (where did she get THAT from??)
That being said:
Today at Ana's 9-month check up, my doctor cautioned me against certain things that could pose choking hazards to her. I'm sure he wasn't thinking about the band-aid she was about to eat on the car ride home; the band-aid that his nurse had just smoothed over her arm not even five minutes earlier.
The second the band-aid touched her skin, I could tell she wanted it bad. Her skilled little fingers starting picking at it immediately. The same fingers that break necklaces, grab earings, find misplaced pieces of strings on the carpet, and pull up whole sections of linoleum from the floor. I thought to myself, that band-aid won't last very long. By the time we got home, it was nowhere to be found. One swipe through her mouth came up empty, but I knew where that band-aid had gone.
So doc, better at band-aids to the list!
3 comments:
That list will get longer and longer, believe me. Steve couldn't believe how active Andalynn was. He had so much fun.
I'm sure you will find it in her diaper in a few days.
I'm just curious... did it show up in the diaper?
Post a Comment