May 3, 2009

News of Note

Analyn has discovered that bath time can be more than just sitting stationary while her mom gives her the 'ole rub down. Now she thrashes her arms around in the water and kicks her legs super fast while emitting pleasureful grunts and all sorts of one-syllable sounds.





Meanwhile we're still army crawling. It'll come ...



So I did score a jumper on Craig's list. I didn't really care what "theme" it was, as long as it would keep Analyn's attention for a reasonable amount of time so I could still get things done when she decides not to take naps. This particular piece happens to be circus-themed. Seemed harmless ... until I brought it home and that creepy circus song came blaring out of one of the toys. I mean CREEPY. Every time she touches the toys it plays that weird "da da dah-dah-dah-dah da da dah-dah, da da dah-dah-dah-dah da da dah-dah." OK, that probably makes no sense to you but I'm humming the tune in my mind as I type it. What, you can't hear the music in my head? Anyway, Analyn loves it, creepy music and all. But the WARNING message on the toy should also include the following: "do not hold toy away from face and then let go -- toy may swing back with great speed and thump unsuspecting infant on cheek.

No comments: