Oct 22, 2008

Projects

I have been working on a couple of projects for Analyn's room. The first one was a shelf. I bought a plain shelf from Michael's, painted it blue, and gave it a bit of a stressed look.





The second project that I'm still working on is hanging Analyn's name above her crib. I bought the letters and painted them pink with white polka dots. I'm going to hang them with ribbon.


(I don't know why these are posting sideways).




These are really the first semi-crafty projects that I've undertaken all on my own so I'm pretty proud of myself! I'm not a creative or crafty person at all. In fact, in elementary school I disliked arts and crafts, especially anything with scissors or glue or crayons. I couldn't cut in a straight line and I struggled with staying in the lines while coloring (still do). And I didn't like to get sticky glue on my fingers because then everything I touched stuck to them.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Linds I understand. i am trying to get creative too but I am terrible at it. Practice makes perfect though and I love the shelf and her name. So cute... Can't wait to see you.

Emily said...

Go Lindsay! They are really cute. I never did any house decor untill after Cade was born and I was at home all day. Now, I'm addicted to it and can't stop myslef.

Angel said...

Hey thanks for the comment and how sweet your little baby looks.

Meredith said...

Lindsay and Thad! I didn't even know you had a baby. I'm so glad we found your blog and we can stay in touch. Analyn is adorable!

kat and jason said...

way to go!! and about the tagging thing. i think it is annoying. i don't participate. when i see people say i'm tagged--or hint that "anyone reading this is tagged" i ignore it. like people want to know the 20 reasons i love my husband. it's all stupid stuff.that's just me. i do'nt read other peoples either. post some pics of your new couch purchase!!! want to see!!!