Oct 1, 2008

Analyn Alma Hymas


Analyn came Sept. 24 at 10:09 p.m. She was 6 lbs 11 oz and 19 1/4 inches long. I went to my doctor's appointment Wednesday morning after having minor contractions all morning, and my doctor said "You're in active labor -- I'm admitting you to the hospital." So Thad and I left the doctor's office, stopped at Panera for one last good meal, and headed over to the hospital (I brought our hospital bag to my appointment just in case. Good thing, huh?). I checked in to the hospital around 1:30 p.m. and had Ana a little less than 9 hours later.



Analyn is sad because she doesn't want to leave the hospital where nurses wake her up 5 times a night and during the day to poke her with needles and take her vitals.


She's a true California girl. A couple hours home from the hospital and she's already bathing in the Sun. Actually, she had mild jaundice so we've been putting her in front of the window a few times a day.




She's definitely going to be a volleyball player with those long Monk arms. Dad said she'll need to start practicing her swing right away if she's going to be good. Don't worry Dad, she's got good genes!

16 comments:

Lindsay said...

Congrats!! She is so beautiful!

Emily said...

Yeah!! Im glad everything went so well for you and her! She is so sweet!

Pemberley Court said...

She is precious. She looks like both of you! Congratulations......and please let me know if you need anything!

shreevit2beaver said...

Congratulations. She is so cute.

Schows said...

Awe I'm dying over her! She's beautiful!!

Williams Family said...

She is soo cute! Congratulations on little Ana. !!

kat and jason said...

cute little gal! so she has good genes or good jeans? b/c both are a necessity. later dude

Brooke Monk said...

Congratulations! What a precious baby. I'm glad to hear all is going so well with you and your family.

Steve and Brooke

Anonymous said...

Oh Linds she is such a doll. I can't wait to see her and hold her. There is nothing like a newborn. Take care of yourself!

tabchoirfam said...

You are a trooper! Already half way into labor without knowing it! I hope the second half of labor was OK for you. At least she is here and looking beautiful! Congratulations!

Lonni said...

Awesome!! You were in active labor and didn't know it?!! Amazing!!! We are so excited for you guys. Analyn is beautiful. Congratulations! Lindsay, can't wait to see you at playgroup!! :)

Sabra said...

She is way cute! I have been checking your blog a lot lately hoping that you would post some pictures. So glad to see that you did! She is adorable. Congratulations.

Sheryl said...

Congratulations! Your new blessing was announced in the Auburndale ward Sunday School by one proud Hymas Grandpa! She is a beauty!

Deborah said...

Congrats! She's a doll. I can't believe you have a baby. You'll be a fabulous mother. Hope you're getting lots of sleep. :)

Shannon said...

Linds! Congratulations - She is beautiful. I can't believe you have a baby!! That is so awesome! Sure miss you - keep the updates coming!

Anonymous said...

Linds and thad! She is so beautiful! congratulations! i know i am late in commenting but i just found your blog through jen's blog.. i hope things are going great