Passing wine country on the way to Grover Beach.

I'm not sure if this is Grover Beach or Pismo Beach, but it's one of the two. The beach was really pretty -- when the waves come in, the water just sits on top of the sand, because the ground doesn't slope, and there's about an inch of water from the sea line up to about 20 feet inland.




Thursday afternoon we made what was going to be a brief but enjoyable stop at Los Osos Oaks State Reserve, which is a large Oak forest. We were headed to downtown San Luis Obispo to the farmer's market and antique shops, and thought the forest would be a fun stop on the way, which it was. Those trees are huge! They say every crack in the bark represents 100 years or something like that.


After about 20 minutes of following a hiking trail into the forest, we decided to head back to the parking lot. Thad suggested we take a risk and follow another trail back instead of taking the one we came on. Needless to say, the trail split off about 5 times and we got hopelessly lost. So our little stroll turned into a 2-hour hike. We finally followed the sounds of the highway to the edge of the forest and made our way through bushels of poison oak to emerge onto the berm of the road, where we walked slowly back to the parking lot. It might have been more humorous had I not been starving, wearing flip flops and non-hiking attire, and um, not 35 weeks pregnant! Hahaha.

We topped off the evening with huge cups of frozen yogurt and toppings for 30 cents an oz.

On Friday before heading back home, we stopped at a Swedish village called Solvang. It had cute streets and buildings, and tons of antiqe and food shops. We ate some pastries and walked around a bit.

7 comments:
Great pics Linds! They turned out really good. I want to you your new crip bumper! PS - I just bought a belly band (tummy sleeve) and they are awesome. Probably will need it in a couple weeks.
Looks like fun! Im so sorry about your walk/hike. You should know to never follow Thad while hiking. Kidding. The pictures of your shower made me sad I missed it, but Im glad my sisters and mom were there. Cute blog by the way.
OHHHH Poor girl! Wow! The photos of the ocean are beautiful! It's good you got away b4 the baby too.:)
BTW, Mike did the header for our blog. He can do one for you too, maybe next time you come over or he can tell you at church???
Hello! How fun to get away with just the two of you before the baby!! I really miss those days. Not that I don't love having my kids because of course I do.
I've never been to Solvang but I would love to go one day and check it out.
Good thing your hike didn't put you into labor!!
What a fun trip! The ocean pics are gorgeous and that little Swedish town looks so quaint. What an adventure you had on your walk! Sounds like something Ryan would've tried to get me to do. Those boys, I tell ya!! I'm glad you found me on here. I just started our blog page, but it's been fun finding old friends and catching up. BTW, happy late anniversary!
Linds! Awesome blog. I'm so glad you told me about it!! I love the pictures and stories! Now I know you're not just sitting around on the couch waiting for jrette to arrive! ;) Ha ha.
Post a Comment