Jan 30, 2014
Big Day
Today is kind of a big day. It happened by accident. My plan was to ween Jane off of nursing by next week, the week after her birthday (her birthday is this Saturday). For the last month or so she has only been nursing three times a day. I introduced the sippy a few times a day to try to get her used to it. Finally, last week, she really got the hang of it. And she even liked whole milk OK. So I took out the afternoon feeding. It was the easiest to start with. This week, I took out the evening feeding, instead giving her a sippy of milk before bed. It went great. I started with these two feedings because Jane has been waking up really early in the morning, like at 5:30 ish. It's just easy to nurse her and put her back to bed, and I didn't want to take that feeding out and face her sad protests that early in the morning.
But this morning, she slept in until 9. By the time I got her out of the bath, we had to go pick up my parents to take them to the airport. So I gave her a sippy and fed her some oatmeal and we hit the road. No nursing!
So I guess what I'm trying to say is, I'm done nursing Jane! By default! This is the quickest I've weened any of my kids! It's exciting! And a little sad. Nursing is sweet and bonding. But at the same time I am excited to be done with stretched out, misshaped, too big nursing bras, and stretched out shirts. I'm excited to have some FREEDOM!!!
Only I'm not sure what I will do if Jane wakes up at 5 a.m. tomorrow morning, wanting to nurse ........
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I just finished nursing Lyla too! It is sad, but oh the FREEDOM! first time in 3 years I've had my body to myself! she is so cute Linds!
Post a Comment