But, besides that, we all had fun, as always!
we celebrated Dad's 65th birthday. I think. I may be off by a year in either direction ;)
Our camping trip was fun! We camped near Reunion Flat in Driggs. It was gorgeous! Right at the base of the Grand Teton.The first day was rainy and freezing, but the next few days were beautiful
This was the first day. We had just arrived and were trying to have boat races in the river. But it was FREEZING and the boats kept getting stuck on rocks
Near
I was FREEZING in the mornings!! But Jane was such a good sport. She slept pretty well. I was worried about what I was going to do with her all day, since our campsite was nothing but dirt, rock, and roots, and I didn't want her crawling around in it with bare legs. But I didn't take into consideration our built-in babysitter-- Ellie! She held Jane pretty much the whole time they were here. It was awesome.
Poor Benji fell into the fire pit near the end of our camping trip. He and Thad were playing and he backed up and fell in before Thad could catch him. Luckily there wasn't a fire at the time, and hadn't been since that morning, but the ashes were still hot enough to give him a good burn. I took this picture probably two days after he burned it, but it does not do it justice! It was pretty yucky. But very brave. He cried for a few minutes, until we gave him a popsicle so we could get some medicine and bandages on the burn. His skin bubbled up blistered, but it's all healed now.
We lucked out at Bear World because apparently we followed shortly after the feeding bus, so all of the bears were out and about. They were everywhere, walking in front of and alongside my van. It was awesome!
Benji being brave on the dropping ride
No comments:
Post a Comment