Look who's potty trained! About a month ago Benji had to give a urine sample to the doctor because he had some tummy pains. So that morning I took off his diaper and told him he had to pee in the cup. So every 5 minutes I'd ask him if he had to go. This went on for a couple hours until he finally peed in the cup. But the next day I got strep throat, and couldn't take the urine sample in. And I didn't know I was supposed to refrigerate it (who knew?) So we had to do the urine sample a 2nd time. Same thing- took his diaper off for a few hours, etc. And then we had to do a 3rd urine sample to be sure that he was good to go. So by the third one, I thought, shoot, I should just potty train him. I wasn't even considering potty training him until he was at least 3, but he was doing so good at going pee and even poop in the potty that I though why not? I'll give it a try. And he caught on so fast! The first few days were typical, a few accidents, and then my sister-in-law and sister came to visit so we stopped for a week cause we were at my parent's house the whole time and it's hard to potty train your child in someone else's house. But right after they left we started up again and he did great! And the best part? I let him wear underwear to bed one night just to see, and he has woken up dry almost every day since! The two times he had accidents he was sick with diahrrea, and the other time we forgot to take him potty before bed. Sweeeeet! Now we just need to get Ana out of diapers and night!
Aug 7, 2013
We have Two Big Boys Around Here Now
Look who's potty trained! About a month ago Benji had to give a urine sample to the doctor because he had some tummy pains. So that morning I took off his diaper and told him he had to pee in the cup. So every 5 minutes I'd ask him if he had to go. This went on for a couple hours until he finally peed in the cup. But the next day I got strep throat, and couldn't take the urine sample in. And I didn't know I was supposed to refrigerate it (who knew?) So we had to do the urine sample a 2nd time. Same thing- took his diaper off for a few hours, etc. And then we had to do a 3rd urine sample to be sure that he was good to go. So by the third one, I thought, shoot, I should just potty train him. I wasn't even considering potty training him until he was at least 3, but he was doing so good at going pee and even poop in the potty that I though why not? I'll give it a try. And he caught on so fast! The first few days were typical, a few accidents, and then my sister-in-law and sister came to visit so we stopped for a week cause we were at my parent's house the whole time and it's hard to potty train your child in someone else's house. But right after they left we started up again and he did great! And the best part? I let him wear underwear to bed one night just to see, and he has woken up dry almost every day since! The two times he had accidents he was sick with diahrrea, and the other time we forgot to take him potty before bed. Sweeeeet! Now we just need to get Ana out of diapers and night!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment