I turned 28! As I posted on Facebook, the day before my birthday I was thinking about how old I was, and I had a moment of panic when I thought that I was turning 29.
"I turn 30 next year! I only have a year left?!!"
I told Thad as we were eating lunch. He thought about it, and said,
"No no, you're turning 29."
I paused for a second, adding numbers in my head, and realized he was right. Phew! Close one. I still have two years left. That's a little better!
I had a great birthday. Thad made me breakfast (the kids helped decorate my chair with pink and white streamers). I didn't have to clean or do any work all day, and my parents took the kids in the evening so Thad and I could go out to dinner and do some shopping. We ate at Texas Roadhouse, and topped the evening off with a slice of dense, rich chocolate cake at the Snake Bite. It's so good it M AY be worth the $8 we paid for it. But I won't lie, we were still a little taken back when we realized how much it cost!
"I turn 30 next year! I only have a year left?!!"
I told Thad as we were eating lunch. He thought about it, and said,
"No no, you're turning 29."
I paused for a second, adding numbers in my head, and realized he was right. Phew! Close one. I still have two years left. That's a little better!
I had a great birthday. Thad made me breakfast (the kids helped decorate my chair with pink and white streamers). I didn't have to clean or do any work all day, and my parents took the kids in the evening so Thad and I could go out to dinner and do some shopping. We ate at Texas Roadhouse, and topped the evening off with a slice of dense, rich chocolate cake at the Snake Bite. It's so good it M AY be worth the $8 we paid for it. But I won't lie, we were still a little taken back when we realized how much it cost!
And lucky for me, I got sick again the day after my birthday. I tossed and churned all night until I finally threw up early Sunday morning. And then again a few hours later. I ended up spending Sunday in bed in my bathrobe. So, fourth time with the stomach flu since October. Yep. Really, REALLY not cool!!
Steve, Cam, and their fam came up for New Years' Eve weekend.
I spent New Year's Eve being very cautious. I ate only jello, apples, rice, and bananas all day, so I could splurge and eat a few appetizers in the evening. And at midnight, I celebrated with a banana. Woot woot! We look so weird because I had to take three pictures before I got one with Thad's eyes open.
Grandpa Le and Grandma Erma. Two of the nicest people you will ever meet. And you want to know something random? My grandparents barely have the Internet, if you can call it that (I think it's dial up?), and yet a few days ago, I got a friend request via Facebook from my grandpa! What?!
HAPPY NEW YEAR! Here's to not getting overwhelmed with all of the goals that I could make, and instead just focusing on the few most important ones. Setting proper priorities, that oughta be my first goal! I can't wait to see what this year brings. Hopefully a healthy baby girl, and a healthy and happy family (... and a fence, a bigger car, and more storage shelves in the basement and garage:)).
1 comment:
So cute. I was looking at your blog and Luke walked up and quietly whispered, "that's my friend." So sweet. Sorry you have been so sick. That is no fun, but being pregnant too...ugh!
Post a Comment