Ana had a fun Thanksgiving feast in preschool the week before Thanksgiving, and I got to help. It was so much fun to watch her listen to her teacher and see her interact with other little kids. I love seeing how she mechanically goes about her preschool routines: hanging up her coat and backpack, playing with toys, helping clean up, sitting around her teacher to go over the day of the month, etc.
The morning was fun, but all of the walking up and down the stairs to microwave food, and standing up and sitting down, totally did me in. My abdomen was sore and my whole body felt exhausted for the next two days!
This year is my family's Thanksgiving together, and every one of us was able to come to my parent's house! It was so much fun! So of course, I hardly took any pictures, darnit! Here's a recap of what we did:
-made pies, lots of them. Eight, to be exact
-cooked up a storm Thursday morning, then gorged ourselves on TWO turkeys, mashed potatoes and gravy, veggies, rolls, sweet potatoes, green bean casserole, green salad, and stuffing. And then pies
-Thad and his sista, Dru, ran a 5K Turkey Trot together
-did some black Friday shopping, followed by family pictures
-played some angry games of Outburst, Spades (just the guys), and Catchphrase
-held a talent show for the grandkids. They all participated; it was so funny to watch those quirky kids
-rented the gym at my parent's church building to play vball
-ate more pie and leftovers
-went to my parents' ward together. It's so fun to watch my brothers and sisters and see how they interact with their children, especially how they try to teach them reverence during Sacrament meeting:)
I made the two apple pies from scratch, by the way. Go me! And thanks Megan Baker for the delicious recipe. I also made the banana cream pie, but I don't think I'm going to use that recipe again because it never really set.
Thad and Dru before the race. Two brave souls: it looked FREEZING outside when they left
Oh, and I forgot one minor detail: I had a planter's wart removed two days before Thanksgiving, thinking it would bother me a little and then I would be over it. Whoa, was I wrong! That sucker hurt all week, prevented me from playing in our family vball game (which I was totally bummed about), and hurt even worse the following week! To the point that I could hardly walk on it. I soaked it in Epsom salt every day for the past week, and afterward it just burned and throbbed and ached so badly that I wanted to cry! So now I know not to do something like that during the holidays again. I was laid up on my couch a lot this last week and wasn't able to hit any sales, or run errands. My mom went grocery shopping for me on Tuesday, bless her heart! By Friday I could see a light at the end of the tunnel. My follow-up appt with the foot dr. went well, and he said my foot was healing great, and by the next week, it would feel better than it did before the surgery. Since then it has been feeling better and better. I still have to wear tennis shoes around the house, but my foot isn't throbbing so much any more, and I don't have to soak it anymore either.
No comments:
Post a Comment