Ana gave her first talk in Primary on Sunday. She got her assignment last Sunday, and she was so excited, she could hardly contain herself. We started working on it that very night. Her topic was: "I can choose to be a missionary now."
We talked about what she thinks it means to be a missionary, and how she can be a missionary now. That girl impresses me so much. Every day we did a countdown until the next Sunday, the day she could give her talk. I don't remember ever being that excited to give a talk in Primary.
Anyway, she did a great job. She got to sit (very nervously) in the front of the room on a tiny chair, next to the boy giving the scripture, and when they called her up for her talk, I walked up and helped her. I think she got nervous about the time that she had to go sit in front of the Primary room, cause she walked up to the pulpit very sheepishly. She spoke really quietly, and had her hands in front of her mouth the whole time, and Thad said you couldn't really hear anything in the back of the room, but she still was brave and did a great job for her first talk! I am so proud of her!
Funny quotes:
And I just have to include two funny things she has said lately:
Well, the first one started out sweet, and then got weird. But I want to remember what she said so I'm including it. Don't think this reflects on her parents, though, because I really have no idea where it came from!
So we're sitting at the dinner table one night about a week ago:
Ana: I'm so happy. You know why? (why, Thad and I asked.) Because I have the best family in the world. (awww, so sweet, right?)
Ana: I would never kill you. (huh?) I would never throw your bodies away. (Ok, that was a little weird. What??!!)
And the second funny thing, a little less weird, she said in the car while she and Benji and I were running errands yesterday.
Ana: Mom, did we already eat lunch?
Me: Yes, remember? We had ham and cheese sandwhiches?
Ana: But my tummy is still screaming for food
Me: Oh Ana, y--
Ana, finishing my sentence for me: you crack me up!
No comments:
Post a Comment