Oct 2, 2012

General Conference

We had a such a nice evening last night. I was actually prepared for Family Home Evening, instead of throwing together a last-minute lesson, which happens occasionally.

We had a lesson about General Conf, and accordingly, we talked about the importance of prophets, and how to prepare for Gen. Conf. We had an obstacle course activity to signify the importance of having a prophet to guide us through life's trials and obstacles. The kids listened to the lesson off and on, so I don't know how much they actually heard! Then we each wrote down something that we want to learn during conference: a question that is on our minds, or a concern that we have. We told Ana that if she prays about her concern during the week, and then listens to General Confernce, that the Holy Ghost will give her an answer to her problem and help her solve it. (She wants to make friends in her dance class).

I love General Conference. I can't wait to listen to the speakers, and hear President Monson, and receive answers to my questions and concerns. This is one of my favorite times of year!

We also did a coloring activity and a maze, and then put up Halloween decorations. We ended the night reading a Halloween story while eating apple slices dipped in caramel sauce. I felt like it was a pretty successful evening. Sorry, no pictures.

No comments: