Sep 6, 2012

Labor Day Camping

We spent a nice, long weekend camping in Alpine, Wyoming for the hoilday. I've never considered myself much of a camper, but I've recently discovered that it all depends on what you have to camp with. It helps that my parents have a camper where we make yummy pancake breakfasts, tubes to go rafting down the river, and four-wheelers to go exploring. With all these fun toys, I think I've come to really enjoy camping!

(Thad and me, my bro Dave, and his wife Megan

The Snake River was beautiful, and we couldn't believe how many trees were already changing colors on the first of September! They were beautiful


On Sunday we took a lazy drive to Jackson, to see the Tetons and eat a picnic in the park. It was a fun mini trip






Benji is the opposite of Ana. He has no fear. He was just fascinated with Grandpa's four-wheeler, and wanted to ride over and over again



Ana, on the other hand, is terrified of large things that make loud noises. It took lots of coaxing and persuading, but she finally decided she could ride the smaller four-wheeler. Only the smaller one. And go very, very slow. And she realized it wasn't that scary after all!




Fun weekend. We were right next to the Palisades Reservoir, which is all dried up on one end. We actually drove the four-wheelers across a good portion of it. At one end of the dry bed is an endless landscape of rocks and driftwood. The kids were in heaven, piling, throwing, and collecting the rocks.


So fun weekend. And in case you want to know, I am having my first garage sale this weekend. And I am absolutely SCARED TO DEATH. My neighborhood is putting one on, and I have a huge pile of junk downstairs that I want to get rid of, so I decided to face my fear and get it over with. I don't know the first thing about putting on a garage sale. And I know this is silly, especially for a grown woman, but I am scared of face-to-face money transactions. There's just something about the pressure of someone waiting on you that makes my brain stop working. And pricing and negotiating are not my strong point either. So, wish me luck! I'll report back on how it goes when it's all over!

1 comment:

Megan said...

that was a fun trip!! I can't wait for more camping adventures ahead :)